OpenSSL 1.1.1 RPM for CentOS 7

Karel de Henks
Hi,

I'm searching on the internet for an OpenSSL version 1.1.1. RPM package for CentOS 7.
However, I cannot find this. Perhaps one of the users in the mailing list has this package already available.

Thanks

Re: OpenSSL 1.1.1 RPM for CentOS 7

Dennis Clarke-2
On 7/2/19 12:12 PM, Karel de Henks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching on the internet for an OpenSSL version 1.1.1. RPM package
> for CentOS 7.
> However, I cannot find this. Perhaps one of the users in the mailing
> list has this package already available.

On CentOS or RHEL 7 it should be totally trivial to just build it from
the sources and install into /usr/local.  Why do you ( and others ) feel
you *need* a package from some mystery person ?

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC
UNIX and Linux spoken
GreyBeard and suspenders optional

Re: OpenSSL 1.1.1 RPM for CentOS 7

Jan Just Keijser-2
On 02/07/19 23:52, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> On 7/2/19 12:12 PM, Karel de Henks wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm searching on the internet for an OpenSSL version 1.1.1. RPM package for CentOS 7.
>> However, I cannot find this. Perhaps one of the users in the mailing list has this package already available.
>>

> On CentOS or RHEL 7 it should be totally trivial to just build it from
> the sources and install into /usr/local.  Why do you ( and others ) feel
> you *need* a package from some mystery person ?

added to that : it is not possible (or at the least not worth the effort) to replace the system openssl package (1.0.2k) with a
v1.1.1 package, as you would break almost *every* RPM that depends on it.

JM2CW,

JJK