OpenSSL 1.0.2 EOL

shiva kumar
Hi,
As we know that OpenSSL 1.0.2 support will end in 31st  December 2019.
and the latest version is 1.0.2t, is there will be any release by EOL?
can we expect a release before EOL?

Regards
Shivakumar

Re: OpenSSL 1.0.2 EOL

Matt Caswell-2

On 26/11/2019 11:38, shiva kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> As we know that OpenSSL 1.0.2 support will end in 31st  December 2019.
> and the latest version is 1.0.2t, is there will be any release by EOL?
> can we expect a release before EOL?

This is as yet undecided. We issue releases on an as-needed basis and so
far we have not needed another release. That might change before the end
of the year.

Re: OpenSSL 1.0.2 EOL

shiva kumar
but still the update is going on in the GitHub repository for 102 branch, is that mean there will be a release by end of this year?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:31 PM Matt Caswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 26/11/2019 11:38, shiva kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> As we know that OpenSSL 1.0.2 support will end in 31st  December 2019.
> and the latest version is 1.0.2t, is there will be any release by EOL?
> can we expect a release before EOL?

This is as yet undecided. We issue releases on an as-needed basis and so
far we have not needed another release. That might change before the end
of the year.

With Best Regards
Shivakumar S

Re: OpenSSL 1.0.2 EOL

Matt Caswell-2

On 27/11/2019 11:07, shiva kumar wrote:
> but still the update is going on in the GitHub repository for 102
> branch, is that mean there will be a release by end of this year?

There are no commits against the 1.0.2 branch that would qualify for a
CVE - they are all relatively minor commits. Like I said, it is
currently undecided whether we will do another release or not.
Historically we have tended to do a "mop up" release shortly before the
end of support, and so we might speculate that we will do another one in
this case - but it would be speculation only.

Matt