Open SSL 1.1.1 release

Juan Isoza

Hello,
I'll soon release a software which contain openssl (static linked).

I must choose between using 1.1.0, 1.1.1 pre 8, or wait some week .I think TLS 1.3 support is great.

Can we suppose 1.1.1 final will be released soon ?

regards

Re: Open SSL 1.1.1 release

Matt Caswell-2

On 22/06/18 16:03, Juan Isoza wrote:

> Hello,
> I'll soon release a software which contain openssl (static linked).
>
> I must choose between using 1.1.0, 1.1.1 pre 8, or wait some week .I
> think TLS 1.3 support is great.
>
> Can we suppose 1.1.1 final will be released soon ?

There is no definitive release date at the moment. It cannot be released
until the TLSv1.3 RFC is published which it hasn't been yet (it's been
approved, and is currently in the RFC Editor's queue awaiting
publication). We have said that there will be at least one beta release
cycle after the RFC publication.

Re: Open SSL 1.1.1 release

Matt Caswell-2

On 22/06/18 16:07, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 22/06/18 16:03, Juan Isoza wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I'll soon release a software which contain openssl (static linked).
>>
>> I must choose between using 1.1.0, 1.1.1 pre 8, or wait some week .I
>> think TLS 1.3 support is great.
>>
>> Can we suppose 1.1.1 final will be released soon ?
>
> There is no definitive release date at the moment. It cannot be released
> until the TLSv1.3 RFC is published which it hasn't been yet (it's been
> approved, and is currently in the RFC Editor's queue awaiting
> publication). We have said that there will be at least one beta release
> cycle after the RFC publication.

Oh, one other important point. 1.1.1 pre 8 implements TLSv1.3 draft 28
(the latest available draft). We know that this will *not* be
interoperable with the final TLSv1.3 because it uses a special draft
version number inside the protocol - the final RFC will use the "real"
version number.