OPENSSL calls from java

tigerpaw
Hi
I am currently working on calling crypto library from Java program.  Since the algorithms are already available in OpenSSL i presume i need to make calls to the necessary methods.

Does anyone have an example of Java programs calling the Openssl libraries ?

Thanks
Sandesh

Re: OPENSSL calls from java

Ruediger Pluem-2

On 01/23/2008 05:13 PM, tigerpaw wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently working on calling crypto library from Java program.  Since
> the algorithms are already available in OpenSSL i presume i need to make
> calls to the necessary methods.
>

> Does anyone have an example of Java programs calling the Openssl libraries ?

Have a look at the Tomcat connectors code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/jni/native/

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: OPENSSL calls from java

Corentin Delorme
You will have to use JNI to do that. But java has good ssl built-in
support, you shouldn't do this

On Jan 23, 2008 5:13 PM, tigerpaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I am currently working on calling crypto library from Java program.  Since
> the algorithms are already available in OpenSSL i presume i need to make
> calls to the necessary methods.
>

> Does anyone have an example of Java programs calling the Openssl libraries ?
>
> Thanks
> Sandesh

Re: OPENSSL calls from java

Bear Giles
Another possibility, if you absolutely must go through OpenSSL, is to set
up the OpenSSL side as some type of server and use some sort of
client/server model.  This isn't entirely brain-dead -- I've been looking
at that as a way to put an airgap between the bulk of code that handles
code and the small piece that actually signs certificates.

If you just want to do crypto, a lot of people like
http://bouncycastle.org/.  It can create and sign certificates, etc.

Bear

> You will have to use JNI to do that. But java has good ssl built-in
> support, you shouldn't do this
>
> On Jan 23, 2008 5:13 PM, tigerpaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I am currently working on calling crypto library from Java program.
>> Since
>> the algorithms are already available in OpenSSL i presume i need to make
>> calls to the necessary methods.
>>

>> Does anyone have an example of Java programs calling the Openssl
>> libraries ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sandesh

RE: OPENSSL calls from java

Mosteika, Paul Edward (OpenVMS Engineering)
Hi,

Try Eric Rescorla's SSL and TLS book - the appendix has some Java code.

                        Paul