NonStop platform support

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <002801d38956$aec22c30$0c468490$@nexbridge.com> on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 09:32:25 -0500, "Randall S. Becker" <[hidden email]> said:

rsbecker> A request, maybe OT. The NonStop platform does broadly
rsbecker> deploy Apache but do use OpenSSL. I understand that OpenSSL
rsbecker> does not officially support the HPE NonStop NSE/NSX
rsbecker> platforms - but it is used on the platform through my team's
rsbecker> port, which I currently support, and through other ports as
rsbecker> well. Added a dependency to Apache is likely to dead-end the
rsbecker> project for us depending on the depth of the dependency, if
rsbecker> I understand where this is going (hoping I am wrong).

I pulled this away from the Speck discussion as it is indeed OT.

Does this involve some specific config target?  In that case, you
might be interested in the effort in PR 5043:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5043

(if you claim the use of and can verify the correctness of some
specific config target(s), they can be classified as community
supported)

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte         [hidden email]

Re: NonStop platform support

Randall S. Becker
On January 9, 2018 10:10 AM, Richard Levitte wrote:

> In message <002801d38956$aec22c30$0c468490$@nexbridge.com> on Tue,
> 9 Jan 2018 09:32:25 -0500, "Randall S. Becker" <[hidden email]>
> said:
>
> rsbecker> A request, maybe OT. The NonStop platform does broadly deploy
> rsbecker> Apache but do use OpenSSL. I understand that OpenSSL does not
> rsbecker> officially support the HPE NonStop NSE/NSX platforms - but it
> rsbecker> is used on the platform through my team's port, which I
> rsbecker> currently support, and through other ports as well. Added a
> rsbecker> dependency to Apache is likely to dead-end the project for us
> rsbecker> depending on the depth of the dependency, if I understand
> rsbecker> where this is going (hoping I am wrong).
>
> I pulled this away from the Speck discussion as it is indeed OT.
>
> Does this involve some specific config target?  In that case, you might be
> interested in the effort in PR 5043:
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5043
>
> (if you claim the use of and can verify the correctness of some specific
config
> target(s), they can be classified as community
> supported)

I'm going to bring this to my team, but expect a good outcome. The platforms
we are supporting are (from config):
    NONSTOP_KERNEL:[HJ]*:*:NSE*) # H- or J-Series, IA64
    NONSTOP_KERNEL:L*:*:NSX*) # x86-64

Cheers,
Randall

-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In my real life, I talk too much.

said:

> rsbecker> A request, maybe OT. The NonStop platform does broadly deploy
> rsbecker> Apache but do use OpenSSL. I understand that OpenSSL does not
> rsbecker> officially support the HPE NonStop NSE/NSX platforms - but it
> rsbecker> is used on the platform through my team's port, which I
> rsbecker> currently support, and through other ports as well. Added a
> rsbecker> dependency to Apache is likely to dead-end the project for us
> rsbecker> depending on the depth of the dependency, if I understand
> rsbecker> where this is going (hoping I am wrong).
>
> I pulled this away from the Speck discussion as it is indeed OT.
>
> Does this involve some specific config target?  In that case, you might be
> interested in the effort in PR 5043:
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5043
>
> (if you claim the use of and can verify the correctness of some specific
config
> target(s), they can be classified as community
> supported)

I am authorized to claim that the ITUGLIB team (including myself) can
support this effort for the following config targets:
    NONSTOP_KERNEL:[HJ]*:*:NSE* # H- or J-Series, IA64
    NONSTOP_KERNEL:L*:*:NSX*) # x86-64

Our current port is current with 1.0.2n with platform mods. I have posted
such to the 5043 pull discussion and can create a pull request with our
modifications for review.

Regards,
Randall