Non-blocking IO

Perry L. Jones
can some one please point me to an example of non-blocking IO reading
with openssl.

Thanks,
Perry

RE: Non-blocking IO

Frédéric Donnat-2
Hi,

You could have a look at apps/s_client.c code looking for nbio option.

It seems that there is two way of doing such thing:
  - craete nbio BIO and then connect, etc..
  - connect (a socket for example) and then set non blocking IO
    (with the socket utilities)

hope it could help

Fred

Re: Non-blocking IO

Joe Santapau
Perry L. Jones wrote:

> can some one please point me to an example of non-blocking IO reading
> with openssl.
>
> Thanks,
> Perry

Yes,

 The source code for the O'Reilly book on OpenSSL is freely downloadable
from
ora.com <you will have to search for the books title> in it, is an
example on how to use non-blocking ssl and managing the various states of
connection using ssl_read and ssl_write.

Hope That Helps
Joe S.