Next LTS version

Saul Dickinson
Hi,

Is there any more recent information available concerning the release strategy for future LTS versions (than the one on the website dated 6th September 2016)?

Will 1.2.0 be the next LTS version? Or is this maybe dependent on the finalisation date for TLS 1.3?

Thanks.

Re: Next LTS version

OpenSSL - User mailing list

We have had some discussions within the team about LTS, and there’s nothing to say yet.

Re: Next LTS version

Saul Dickinson
Thanks Rich. That means there's not even any indication of when there might be something to say?

Even just an indication of when the decision might be taken would be helpful at this stage.

On 16 January 2018 at 15:47, Salz, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:

We have had some discussions within the team about LTS, and there’s nothing to say yet.

Re: Next LTS version

Matt Caswell-2

On 17/01/18 09:27, Saul Dickinson wrote:
> Thanks Rich. That means there's not even any indication of when there
> might be something to say?
>
> Even just an indication of when the decision might be taken would be
> helpful at this stage.

We are committed to specifying a release as LTS at least every four
years. We released 1.0.2 on 22nd January 2015. So basically by this time
next year we will have specified a new LTS. I hope we will have made
that decision a lot earlier than that but can't give you a timeframe at
the moment.

Matt