New to openssl

Wai Wu
Hi all,

I am new to openssl, but have been a c, c++ system programmer for a long long time. Is there a place where I can find a very simple c client source code with openssl? All I need  is a demo to goto my secured web server and download a page securely. No certificate Auth is needed at this point. Thnx.

Re: New to openssl

Richard Salz
Did you look in the apps sub-directory?  In particular, the code for
s_client.

        /r$

--
SOA Appliances
Application Integration Middleware

RE: New to openssl

Mark-62

> I am new to openssl, but have been a c, c++ system programmer
> for a long long time. Is there a place where I can find a
> very simple c client source code with openssl? All I need  is
> a demo to goto my secured web server and download a page
> securely. No certificate Auth is needed at this point. Thnx.

Strangely I could not find much around either.  There are some
examples at:

http://www.opensslbook.com/code.html

I recommend that you buy that book and "SSL and TLS Designing and
Building Secure Systems" by Eric Rescorla.

BTW: There was talk of an "Advanced beginners guide" here a few months
back.  Is anyone still interested?

Best Regards,
Mark Williams

RE: New to openssl

Wai Wu
I just got Network Security with OpenSSL byt Pravir Chandra, Matt
Messier, John Viega. Great book, got me running and wrote a simple
client (C++) in a hour.  I was able to from my client app put down a
page from a https site. With CA verification.