Multiple parallel connections in s_server?

Multiple parallel connections in s_server?

Michael Shirley

Apologies if this has been answered before somewhere, but I could not find a reference to it in the docs:

Is s_server capable of handling multiple client connections in parallel, or is processing of each connection serial? For example, if I open a connection to s_server with one client by completing a TCP 3-way handshake, but pause before sending a client hello to initiate the SSL handshake, and then I open another connection from a different client. Will s_server hold the second session without proceeding through the SSL handshake with a server hello message until the first connection completes?

Thanks,

-Mike

Re: Multiple parallel connections in s_server?

OpenSSL - User mailing list

The s_server program is not multi-threaded, it does one connection at a time.