Missing header files

Jonathan Pho
Hi,

I am working on this game.

I noticed that it is trying to reference missing files in the OpenSSL toolkit. Specifically: configuration.h and opensslv.h files. In the current version these files do exist but
have an .in extension instead of .h. If I remove the .in extension, and rename them with .h extension the compile crashes.

In looking at older versions of OpenSSL, I do not see any listing of the configuration.h header file.

Is the configuration.h file not needed anymore?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Sent from Outlook

Re: Missing header files

Serti Ayoub
Hi Jonathan,

You need to reconfigure openssl first. autoconf will generate configuration headers  from ".in" files.
removing the .in away from file extension wont help.

The project seem to not include openssl source files but reference it from CMake and expect a pre-built openssl binary.
If you are building on Linux or Mac, just use "apt" or brew to install pre-built library. If you are under Windows,... much more work to do.
Then generate makefiles using cmake as mentioned https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob/master/INSTALL.md#cmake-build

-Ayb

Le jeu. 20 févr. 2020 à 18:48, Jonathan Pho <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I am working on this game.

Scons CMake Description; build=<build type> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=<build type> Selects a specific build configuration when compiling. release produces the default, optimized (-O3) build for regular use.debug produces a slower and larger unoptimized (-O0) build with full debug symbols, which is often needed for obtaining detailed backtraces when reporting bugs. ...

I noticed that it is trying to reference missing files in the OpenSSL toolkit. Specifically: configuration.h and opensslv.h files. In the current version these files do exist but
have an .in extension instead of .h. If I remove the .in extension, and rename them with .h extension the compile crashes.

In looking at older versions of OpenSSL, I do not see any listing of the configuration.h header file.

Is the configuration.h file not needed anymore?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Sent from Outlook

RE: Missing header files

Michael Wojcik

Those are part of the build artifacts. You have to build OpenSSL to get them, or obtain the ones that were generated as part of the OpenSSL build you're using. Their contents are specific to a particular build.

There are a number of non-obvious failures that can be caused by using the wrong configuration.h, in particular.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus