Missing documentation

jockep
Hi,

It seems like the documentation for SSL_set_tlsext_host_name is gone. Does anyone know where I can find the documentation? I am interested in the return values right now.

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/ssl/SSL_set_tlsext_host_name.html   (Page not found)

BR
Joachim

Re: Missing documentation

Benjamin Kaduk
On 11/08/2016 01:24 AM, Joachim Person wrote:
Hi,

It seems like the documentation for SSL_set_tlsext_host_name is gone. Does anyone know where I can find the documentation? I am interested in the return values right now.

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/ssl/SSL_set_tlsext_host_name.html   (Page not found)

You say "gone" as if they ever existed, but I don't see any evidence of that in the commit history for master or 1.0.2.  It looks like they are just plain "missing", like so much other OpenSSL documentation.

-Ben

Re: Missing documentation

Frank Migge-2
Hi Joachim,

>> It seems like the documentation for SSL_set_tlsext_host_name is gone.
>> Does anyone know where I can find the documentation? I am interested in the return values right now.

If I got it right:

1) ssl/tls1.h (line 334ff): #  define SSL_set_tlsext_host_name(s,name) \
334 SSL_ctrl(s,SSL_CTRL_SET_TLSEXT_HOSTNAME,TLSEXT_NAMETYPE_host_name,(char *)name)

2) https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/SSL_ctrl.html:
The return values of the SSL*_ctrl() functions depend on the command supplied via the cmd parameter.

3) ssl/s3_lib.c (line 3311 ff): case SSL_CTRL_SET_TLSEXT_HOSTNAME:
returns 1 on success, and 0 on failure which also writes the cause to the SSL error handler.

Best wishes

Re: Missing documentation

jockep
Thanks Frank,

I assume that by "the SSL error handler" you mean that I can get the error by calling ERR_get_error() ?

BR
Joachim

Hi Joachim,