Make test error in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Make test error in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

shiva kumar
Hi,
In the OpenSSL 1.1.1b build after make test I'm getting error as follows
../test/recipes/70-test_comp.t                   (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 139
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
../test/recipes/70-test_key_share.t              (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 139
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
../test/recipes/70-test_renegotiation.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 139
  Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
../test/recipes/70-test_sslcbcpadding.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 4 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 139
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 5 tests but ran 4.
../test/recipes/70-test_sslcertstatus.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 139


can anyone please let me know why I'm getting this error ? what might have caused this?.

Regards
Shiv


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Make test error in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

Matt Caswell-2


On 19/06/2019 11:07, shiva kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> In the OpenSSL 1.1.1b build after make test I'm getting error as follows
> /*../test/recipes/70-test_comp.t                   (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Non-zero exit status: 139
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> ../test/recipes/70-test_key_share.t              (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Non-zero exit status: 139
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> ../test/recipes/70-test_renegotiation.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Non-zero exit status: 139
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcbcpadding.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 4 Failed: 0)
>   Non-zero exit status: 139
>   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 5 tests but ran 4.
> ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcertstatus.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Non-zero exit status: 139*/
>
> can anyone please let me know why I'm getting this error ? what might have
> caused this?.

Is it just the "70" series of tests that fail, or do others fail too?

What is your platform, and how did you configure OpenSSL?

Matt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Make test error in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

Matt Caswell-2


On 20/06/2019 12:47, shiva kumar wrote:

> yes it's just  "70" series of tests.
>
> I'm using HP-UX IA64 platform, 
> I configured normally  that I used to do ( shared, no-rc5, no-idea, no-mdc2,
> options used). but, after make file generation 
> I changed "-lcrypto" to "libcrypto.a", to link archive files instead of shared
> files.
> and then make executed normally
> but when I run make test I'm getting this error.
> why I'm getting this error ?

If you want static linking why not just build with "no-shared"?

If you don't modify the Makefile does it work?

Matt


>
>
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 3:40 PM Matt Caswell <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>
>
>     On 19/06/2019 11:07, shiva kumar wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     > In the OpenSSL 1.1.1b build after make test I'm getting error as follows
>     > /*../test/recipes/70-test_comp.t                   (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     Failed: 0)
>     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     > ../test/recipes/70-test_key_share.t              (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     Failed: 0)
>     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     > ../test/recipes/70-test_renegotiation.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     Failed: 0)
>     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     > ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcbcpadding.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 4
>     Failed: 0)
>     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 5 tests but ran 4.
>     > ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcertstatus.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     Failed: 0)
>     >   Non-zero exit status: 139*/
>     >
>     > can anyone please let me know why I'm getting this error ? what might have
>     > caused this?.
>
>     Is it just the "70" series of tests that fail, or do others fail too?
>
>     What is your platform, and how did you configure OpenSSL?
>
>     Matt
>
>
>
> --
> *With Best Regards*
> *Shivakumar S*
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Make test error in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

Matt Caswell-2


On 20/06/2019 12:59, shiva kumar wrote:
> If I don't modify it will work.
> But when I do the same modification in 1.0.2 versions it was working.
> May I know why this was working in 1.0.2 version
>

(Please respond to the list not just to me - others may be able to help if I cannot)

1.0.2 and 1.1.1 are quite different in a lot of ways. The build system is very
different, so its likely that your changes are having unintended consequences.
Additionally there are many more tests in 1.1.1 compared to 1.0.2. None of the
"70" series of tests existed at all in 1.0.2.

Why are you trying to make changes? Why doesn't "no-shared" suffice?

Matt

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 5:26 PM, Matt Caswell <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>
>
>     On 20/06/2019 12:47, shiva kumar wrote:
>     > yes it's just  "70" series of tests.
>     >
>     > I'm using HP-UX IA64 platform, 
>     > I configured normally  that I used to do ( shared, no-rc5, no-idea, no-mdc2,
>     > options used). but, after make file generation 
>     > I changed "-lcrypto" to "libcrypto.a", to link archive files instead of shared
>     > files.
>     > and then make executed normally
>     > but when I run make test I'm getting this error.
>     > why I'm getting this error ?
>
>     If you want static linking why not just build with "no-shared"?
>
>     If you don't modify the Makefile does it work?
>
>     Matt
>
>
>     >
>     >
>     > On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 3:40 PM Matt Caswell <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     On 19/06/2019 11:07, shiva kumar wrote:
>     >     > Hi,
>     >     > In the OpenSSL 1.1.1b build after make test I'm getting error as follows
>     >     > /*../test/recipes/70-test_comp.t                   (Wstat: 35584
>     Tests: 0
>     >     Failed: 0)
>     >     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     >     > ../test/recipes/70-test_key_share.t              (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     >     Failed: 0)
>     >     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     >     > ../test/recipes/70-test_renegotiation.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     >     Failed: 0)
>     >     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >     >   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
>     >     > ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcbcpadding.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 4
>     >     Failed: 0)
>     >     >   Non-zero exit status: 139
>     >     >   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 5 tests but ran 4.
>     >     > ../test/recipes/70-test_sslcertstatus.t          (Wstat: 35584 Tests: 0
>     >     Failed: 0)
>     >     >   Non-zero exit status: 139*/
>     >     >
>     >     > can anyone please let me know why I'm getting this error ? what
>     might have
>     >     > caused this?.
>     >
>     >     Is it just the "70" series of tests that fail, or do others fail too?
>     >
>     >     What is your platform, and how did you configure OpenSSL?
>     >
>     >     Matt
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > *With Best Regards*
>     > *Shivakumar S*
>
> --
> *With Best Regards*
> *Shivakumar S*