Make file removed in openssl 1.1.1

shiva kumar
Hi,
In the OpenSSL 1.1.1 Make file is generated on top directory after when config is executed.
 In OpenSSL 1.0.2 there is Make file at each directory and is hierarchical, but this is not the same in 1.1.1 version.
Actually I was modifying the Makefile configurations manually in apps and engines directory and also changing Makefile.org on top directory for my build, now I'm not able to do that in OpenSSL 1.1.1b since, make file has been removed in 1.1.1

can anyone please let me know how can I actually perform those changes in the make file in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

Thanks and Regards
Shiv

Re: Make file removed in openssl 1.1.1

Matt Caswell-2

On 17/06/2019 08:24, shiva kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> In the OpenSSL 1.1.1 Make file is generated on top directory after when config
> is executed.
>  In OpenSSL 1.0.2 there is Make file at each directory and is hierarchical, but
> this is not the same in 1.1.1 version.
> Actually I was modifying the Makefile configurations manually in apps and
> engines directory and also changing Makefile.org on top directory for my build,
> now I'm not able to do that in OpenSSL 1.1.1b since, make file has been removed
> in 1.1.1
>
> can anyone please let me know how can I actually perform those changes in the
> make file in OpenSSL 1.1.1b

It depends on what you want to achieve. The top level template Makefile is in
Configureations/unix-Makefile.tmpl. Each individual directory contains a
build.info file which allows you to make per-directory changes to things like
the sources to be compiled, etc.

Re: Make file removed in openssl 1.1.1

OpenSSL - User mailing list

And also important, these are all processed to build a single Makefile.  There's only one now.

Re: Make file removed in openssl 1.1.1

shiva kumar
Actually I wanted to change the library dependencies from shared to archive libraries as follows
SHLIBDEPS='libcrypto.a'  In Makefile which I was doing in 1.0.2 version, How can I do this? in 1.1.1 version.