MSVC 2005 compilation problem

Eustanos
Hello developers,

How to correclty build openssl-0.9.8 using MS Visual 2005. Most of the
functions are deprecated by the C++ runtime and compiler stops with error
codes. How to compile it correctly ?

Thank you,
Mariusz Ciepły.

Re: MSVC 2005 compilation problem

Daniel Diaz Sanchez-2

Hello,

I have not tried to build Openssl with Withbey (MSVC 2005), but i think
you have the same problem as i suffered when i compiled the code for
Windows Mobile 2003 (see openssl-dev list, a topic a week ago).

To use functions as strlen or old string related functions you may use
#define STRSAFE_NO_DEPRECATE (edit the code) or
-D "DSTRSAFE_NO_DEPRECATE" directly in the makefile ntdll.mak

Perhaps there are many other functions form C/C++ that suffer from the
same, i recommend you to search the code of windows sdk (i mean the
header files) in order to find preprocessor directives with the
pattern: #ifndef XXXXXX_NO_DEPRECATE to find all the directives you
need to include in the makefile in order to compile the code with the
last Windows SDK and last IDE

I hope it will help :)

bye

Daniel Díaz Sánchez
[hidden email]

> Hello developers,
>
> How to correclty build openssl-0.9.8 using MS Visual 2005. Most of the
> functions are deprecated by the C++ runtime and compiler stops with
error

> codes. How to compile it correctly ?
>
> Thank you,
> Mariusz Ciep³y.