Looking for an updated programming book...

Looking for an updated programming book...

Philip Prindeville
Hi.

I’ve been using the O’Reilly “Network security with OpenSSL” book, but it’s showing its age.  It was published in 2002 and covered version 0.9.7.

Since then a lot of RFCs have been published, weaknesses reported and fixed, new functionality added… It’s time to give up my beloved book for something more current.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

-Philip

RE: Looking for an updated programming book...

Salz, Rich
Ivan Ristic's https://www.feistyduck.com/books/bulletproof-ssl-and-tls/ is really really good. But it's more about configuration and the command-line then the API.

Ivan's the force behind the Qualys SSL test site.

Re: Looking for an updated programming book...

Casey Dunham
Hi Phillip,

I am currently looking at updating the openssl wiki with a list of books and resources. I have only just begun collecting information on this, but I would love to know of anything you find or are using.

Thanks,
Casey

On Fri Nov 14 2014 at 3:10:12 PM Salz, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ivan Ristic's https://www.feistyduck.com/books/bulletproof-ssl-and-tls/ is really really good. But it's more about configuration and the command-line then the API.

Ivan's the force behind the Qualys SSL test site.

Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]