License change still scheduled for 1.1.1 ?

License change still scheduled for 1.1.1 ?

I see that the latest pre release for 1.1.1 is still under the legacy OpenSSL/SSLeay license.

Do you still plan to switch to Apache license for the final 1.1.1 release?

Thank you.

Re: License change still scheduled for 1.1.1 ?

OpenSSL - User mailing list
  • Do you still plan to switch to Apache license for the final 1.1.1 release?

That is still our goal, as stated.

Re: License change still scheduled for 1.1.1 ?

OpenSSL - User mailing list
1.1.1 release still has the legacy license.

Should we still expect a license change?

Thank you.

On Monday, June 25, 2018 5:20 PM, Salz, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:

  • Do you still plan to switch to Apache license for the final 1.1.1 release?

That is still our goal, as stated.

Re: License change still scheduled for 1.1.1 ?

Matt Caswell-2

On 13/09/18 11:23, Cyrus Naliaka via openssl-users wrote:
> 1.1.1 release still has the legacy license.
>
> Should we still expect a license change?

It is still our intention to change the license at some point however
issues remain. It is likely to be some while before we are able to do so.