Is there any standard way of getting the error name from an SSL error?

Is there any standard way of getting the error name from an SSL error?

Sam Roberts
For example, I want the string "SSL_R_TOO_MANY_WARN_ALERTS" for an
error with that value, not just the "too many alerts" description.

I'm suspecting not, I don't see any use of #reason in ERR_REASON() or
the macros it uses.

Re: Is there any standard way of getting the error name from an SSL error?

OpenSSL - User mailing list
>    For example, I want the string "SSL_R_TOO_MANY_WARN_ALERTS" for an
    error with that value, not just the "too many alerts" description.

You're correct, it's not done.