ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Daniel Diaz Sanchez-2
Hello,

Some source code to generate attribute certificates using OpenSSL can be
found at:

http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml

It has been tested with some versions of OpenSSL and works with all of them
including the latest release 0.9.8d.

I hope you will find it useful,

Daniel Diaz Sanchez
Telecommunication Engineer
Researcher / Teaching Assistant

Dep. Ing. Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Av. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid/Spain)
Tel: (+34) 91-624-8817, Fax: -8749

Web: http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds
web: http://www.it.uc3m.es/pervasive

Mail: dds[at].it.uc3m.es
Skype: dds.it.uc3m.es

Re: ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
In message <011301c6ec4f$6daacf00$388b75a3@ddslaptop> on Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:35:30 +0200, "Daniel Diaz Sanchez" <[hidden email]> said:

dds> Hello,
dds>
dds> Some source code to generate attribute certificates using OpenSSL can be
dds> found at:
dds>
dds> http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml
dds>
dds> It has been tested with some versions of OpenSSL and works with all of them
dds> including the latest release 0.9.8d.

Hello,

I've just had reasons to get interested in ACs, and I'm pleased it's
been discussed already fairly recently.

I'm really looking for something that could be included into OpenSSL
propper, and as far as I've seen, there's your code, which could
probably be retrofitted into OpenSSL, and there's the OpenPMI patch,
which might come with a license incompatibility problem (they use
AFL).  Choices, choices...

Any help in that direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard

-----
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.

--
Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis

Re: ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Nils Larsch
Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> In message <011301c6ec4f$6daacf00$388b75a3@ddslaptop> on Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:35:30 +0200, "Daniel Diaz Sanchez" <[hidden email]> said:
>
> dds> Hello,
> dds>
> dds> Some source code to generate attribute certificates using OpenSSL can be
> dds> found at:
> dds>
> dds> http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml
> dds>
> dds> It has been tested with some versions of OpenSSL and works with all of them
> dds> including the latest release 0.9.8d.
>
> Hello,
>
> I've just had reasons to get interested in ACs, and I'm pleased it's
> been discussed already fairly recently.
>
> I'm really looking for something that could be included into OpenSSL
> propper, and as far as I've seen, there's your code, which could
> probably be retrofitted into OpenSSL, and there's the OpenPMI patch,
> which might come with a license incompatibility problem (they use
> AFL).  Choices, choices...
>
> Any help in that direction would be appreciated.

funny, I'm currently working on my own patch as I have the need
for AC as well (the German health care professional card uses them).

Cheers,
Nils

RE: ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Daniel Diaz Sanchez-2

Te API in the web site is really old. I can provide a new one for your
consideration.

Please, have a look to the latest one:

http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/ACv2.zip

We can work all together in the same direction :)

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Diaz Sanchez
Telecommunication Engineer
Researcher / Teaching Assistant

Dep. Ing. Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Av. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid/Spain)
Tel: (+34) 91-624-8817, Fax: -8749

Web: www.it.uc3m.es/dds
web: http://www.it.uc3m.es/pervasive
A toolkit for attribute certificates:
http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml

Mail: dds[at].it.uc3m.es

Re: ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Vincenzo Sciarra
I'm workingon AC, but there is very few implementation.
Only the new API can help you for a little.
It's not yet time for AC

bye

2006/11/24, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[hidden email]>:

> In message <011301c6ec4f$6daacf00$388b75a3@ddslaptop> on Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:35:30 +0200, "Daniel Diaz Sanchez" <[hidden email]> said:
>
> dds> Hello,
> dds>
> dds> Some source code to generate attribute certificates using OpenSSL can be
> dds> found at:
> dds>
> dds> http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml
> dds>
> dds> It has been tested with some versions of OpenSSL and works with all of them
> dds> including the latest release 0.9.8d.
>
> Hello,
>
> I've just had reasons to get interested in ACs, and I'm pleased it's
> been discussed already fairly recently.
>
> I'm really looking for something that could be included into OpenSSL
> propper, and as far as I've seen, there's your code, which could
> probably be retrofitted into OpenSSL, and there's the OpenPMI patch,
> which might come with a license incompatibility problem (they use
> AFL).  Choices, choices...
>
> Any help in that direction would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>
> -----
> Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
> See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.
>
> --
> Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
>                                        http://richard.levitte.org/
>
> "When I became a man I put away childish things, including
>  the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
>                                                -- C.S. Lewis

Vincenzo Sciarra

RE: ITU X509/ RFC 3281 Attribute Certificates API Beta

Daniel Diaz Sanchez-2
Hello,

We have been working in AC also, the API published in the website is older.
Please, have a look to the latest one:

http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/ACv2.zip

This new software, also in beta stage, provides also a tool for issuing
attribute certificates in a very simple way, there is also a possibility to
define profiles and so on...

Please, have a look to the link above these lines, there is also a demo
program that issues 4 different types of attribute certificates:

1.- Attribute assignment certificate: assigns attributes to a holder
2.- Attribute definition certificate: defines an attribute, syntax policies,
domination rules...
3.- Role assignment certificate: assigns a role to an entity
4.- Role definition: defines what a given role can do.

We hope our code can fit in openssl once debugged and tested :)

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Diaz Sanchez
Telecommunication Engineer
Researcher / Teaching Assistant

Dep. Ing. Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Av. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid/Spain)
Tel: (+34) 91-624-8817, Fax: -8749

Web: www.it.uc3m.es/dds
web: http://www.it.uc3m.es/pervasive
A toolkit for attribute certificates:
http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml

Mail: dds[at].it.uc3m.es
Skype: dds.it.uc3m.es

 [hidden email]] En nombre de Vincenzo Sciarra
 Enviado el: sábado, 25 de noviembre de 2006 8:55
 Para: [hidden email]

 I'm workingon AC, but there is very few implementation.
 Only the new API can help you for a little.
 It's not yet time for AC

 bye

 2006/11/24, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[hidden email]>:
 > In message <011301c6ec4f$6daacf00$388b75a3@ddslaptop> on Tue, 10 Oct 2006
 11:35:30 +0200, "Daniel Diaz Sanchez" <[hidden email]> said:

 > dds> Hello,
 > dds>
 > dds> Some source code to generate attribute certificates using OpenSSL
 can be
 > dds> found at:
 > dds>
 > dds> http://www.it.uc3m.es/dds/swRelease/pmi/pmi.xml
 > dds>
 > dds> It has been tested with some versions of OpenSSL and works with all
 of them
 > dds> including the latest release 0.9.8d.
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I've just had reasons to get interested in ACs, and I'm pleased it's
 > been discussed already fairly recently.
 >
 > I'm really looking for something that could be included into OpenSSL
 > propper, and as far as I've seen, there's your code, which could
 > probably be retrofitted into OpenSSL, and there's the OpenPMI patch,
 > which might come with a license incompatibility problem (they use
 > AFL).  Choices, choices...
 >
 > Any help in that direction would be appreciated.
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Richard
 >
 > -----
 > Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
 > See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.
 >
 > --
 > Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
 >                                        http://richard.levitte.org/
 >
 > "When I became a man I put away childish things, including
 >  the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
 >                                                -- C.S. Lewis

 Vincenzo Sciarra