Howto to create a PKI with Openssl command line

Howto to create a PKI with Openssl command line

Robert Moskowitz
I want to build a PKI structure of a root CA, intermediate CA(s), and
user and server certs.  So I went looking for some guidance and found:

https://jamielinux.com/docs/openssl-certificate-authority/create-the-root-pair.html

Anything else out there?

The certs will all be ECDSA, P256 SHA256.  Later I will fiddle with
Ed25519...

I will be doing this on my Fedora24 notebook (at least for now) which
has OpenSSL 1.0.2k

Thanks for all help.

Re: Howto to create a PKI with Openssl command line

OpenSSL - User mailing list
https://www.openssl.org/~rsalz/pki.tgz but only a root and end-entity.  Adding an intermediate should not be incredible difficult :)

Re: Howto to create a PKI with Openssl command line

Robert Moskowitz
Thanks Rich, I will take a look at this also.

Bob