How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

Sri Ramya
hi all,

How can i stop running opesSSL server with out pressing ctrl-c.
Is there a way to terminate it like the way we did for openSSL client preeing "Q".

Please help me in this regards.

Thank you

RE: How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

Dave Thompson-5

Assuming you mean the commandline server ‘openssl s_server’

(there are lots of other things that could be described as ‘openssl server’):

man s_server or http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/s_server.html#CONNECTED_COMMANDS

except just now when I tried to confirm I got flaky DNS results so if necessary use 185.9.166.106 .

Although I notice that the manpage says ‘neither –www nor –WWW’ but the code also disables

this logic if –quiet (apparently because this is considered ‘session’ output?).

Thank you

Re: How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

Sri Ramya
Thanks for your reply.

What ever u sent is for the openssl s_client.

I need commands to stop the openssl s_server other than ctrl+c

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Dave Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Assuming you mean the commandline server ‘openssl s_server’

(there are lots of other things that could be described as ‘openssl server’):

man s_server or http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/s_server.html#CONNECTED_COMMANDS

except just now when I tried to confirm I got flaky DNS results so if necessary use 185.9.166.106 .

Although I notice that the manpage says ‘neither –www nor –WWW’ but the code also disables

this logic if –quiet (apparently because this is considered ‘session’ output?).

RE: How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

J. J. Farrell-2

In what way is the s_server documentation page "for the openssl s_client"?

You can exit s_server by sending it a command over a connection from any client, as described in the s_server documentation section which Dave linked to below; or you can use any ordinary local method to kill the s_server process (such as hitting control-c in common configurations on many OSes).

What problem are you trying to solve? Why would typing Shift-Q on the keyboard be acceptable when typing Ctrl-C isn't?

Re: How to shut down or terminate openSSL server other than ctrl-c.

Sri Ramya
Thank you for ur response.  For killing openssl s_server i am using ctrl+c, because of that my program giving me some key leakages.
so i need a graceful command to stop openssl s_server.