How to run one test when gcc is not used ?

How to run one test when gcc is not used ?

REIX, Tony
Hi,

Runing one test can be done with GCC and the following process:

 $ make clean
 $ export CC="gcc -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage"; ./config enable-unit-test
 $ make depend
 $ make
 $ make TESTS="test_cms" test
 $ make TESTS=test_heartbeat test

However, on AIX, I'm using xlC, which does not provide the -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage options. So, it seems that I only can run ALL the tests.

Is there another solution for running one test that does not depend on GCC ?
If not, shouldn't the unit testing of OpenSSL use a GCC-independent mechanism so that running one test is possible without GCC ?

Where is the page explaining how to unit test in details ? I haven't been able to find it, only hints on the Web, and general ideas on OpenSSL wiki pages but no details.

Thanks

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

Bull - ATOS
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France