How to do a clean uninstall of openssl source?

How to do a clean uninstall of openssl source?

Karan
I installed openssl from source following the guidelines in https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/INSTALL .
Now I need to remove this source installed version and use the openssl-devel package instead, provided by my distro, Fedora.

How do I do a clean uninstall, such that even the headers of the source installation are completely removed and do not interfere with the package I will install next?

I am facing this issue wherein the headers are pointing to the source version of openssl and I am unable to use softwares that depend on the package version. (Reference: https://github.com/mozilla/fxa/issues/1569#issuecomment-507651523 ) Help.