How to determine which session id client attempts to reuse

How to determine which session id client attempts to reuse

suhaib12345
Hello All,
I am trying to find out which session id client send to the server for session resumption.
It is easier to find if session is resumed successfully by calling SSL_get0_session.
But if the session resumption fails, then server/client establish a new session (and a new session id get send to client), In this case, how do we know what session id was send by the client so that I could use this session id to remove this entry from the server session cache.

secondly, How we we determine if the client has actually send a session id ( or it did not).

Ali