How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

Tapas Behera

How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

RE: How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

Porter, Andrew

In general for cross-compiling you run ./Configure with various options, perhaps after setting up some environment variables like CC to point to your development tools. For example, to build Linux 32-bit on my 64-bit build machine I start with:

./Configure linux-elf -m32 plus --openssldir= and --prefix= options pointing to where I want "make install" to put things

Here's one guys way of doing something close to what you want to do:

http://embeddedfreak.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/cross-compiling-openssl-1-0-0b-for-arm926ej-s/

Andrew

Re: How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

jtanis
In message <CA+oaCG5ew-wdHhN0WowEEKEqAK=[hidden email]>, Tapas Behera avows:
%--- Begin Cite ---%

> How to Cross Compile OpenSSL for arm-none-eabi arch?

%--- End Cite ---%

Add the following to your config command:

        --cross-compile-prefix=$(CROSS_COMPILE_PREFIX)

where CROSS_COMPILE_PREFIX looks something like:
        /home/jtt/Work/dar/INSTALL/toolchain/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-

So if you look in your toolchain's bin directory, you will see a lot of
standard unix development utilities that each sport a prefix like
"arm-linux-androideabi-". Set CROSS_COMPILE_PREFIX so that includes the
full path to this bin directory plus the prefix -- and please note that
the trailing hyphen is *critical*; do not neglect it.

Cheers,
/jtt