How initialize the PRNG using RAND_seed ?

12

Re: Reducing size of the OpenSSL library

J. Wren Hunt

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 02:55:12 -0700 (PDT), "Gayathri Sundar"
<[hidden email]> said:

> could you pls tell how the ssl performance is affected by including the
> Os
> flag? looks like quite a few of the optimizations are disabled here.

You can compile for speed or you can compile for size but if you want a
middle-of-the-road approach then use the default settings you have now.

Wren

RE: Generating a lot of randomness...

JoelKatz

> I see things for adding entropy, loading files, etc. I don't see
> anything about generating random numbers. Am I missing something so
> obvious if it was a snake it would have bitten me by now?

        RAND_bytes

        DS

12