How do I import a public key

REX NUFER

I’m new to Openssl.  We just installed it today in fact.  I’m trying to encrypt a file so I can ftp it to

a vendor at an offsite location.  They’ve given me their public key.  And I’m told I need to import

the key into my ‘key ring’.  How do I do that?  I’ve read noting about key rings in the openssl literature.

How do I encrypt the file?  I’ve read the FAQ’s and the How To’s with no luck.  Anything will help.

Thanks.

WakeMed Confidentiality Notice:

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of this
message and attachments is strictly prohibited.

Re: How do I import a public key

Bernhard Fröhlich-2
REX NUFER schrieb:
> I'm new to Openssl.  We just installed it today in fact.  I'm trying to encrypt a file so I can ftp it to
> a vendor at an offsite location.  They've given me their public key.  And I'm told I need to import
> the key into my 'key ring'.  How do I do that?  I've read noting about key rings in the openssl literature.
> How do I encrypt the file?  I've read the FAQ's and the How To's with no luck.  Anything will help.
> Thanks
Are you sure that they were talking about OpenSSL? Though it is
possible, OpenSSL is probably not the ideal solution to encrypt files...
And "key ring" sounds more like GPG to me (see http://www.gnupg.org/)...

Hope it helps
Ted
;)