How can I get a fingerprint on a certificate that does not change for any instance?

How can I get a fingerprint on a certificate that does not change for any instance?

M G-3
Hi list,

How can I get a fingerprint on an X509 certificate that is constant before and after I write it out to PEM format?  For some reason, my fingerprint changes when I take my X509, write it to PEM with PEM_write_bio_X509 and read it back with PEM_read_bio_X509... Is this proper behavior?

Many thanks!

http://mail.yahoo.com