Help with Self Signed Cerificates.

Lokesh Kumar
Hello There.

I wrote Client and Server Programs using SSL.

They fail to hand-shake when I use self Signed Certificates and
succeed when I use Certificates generated from a CA.

The failure I get when using self Signed Certificate is ...
4904:error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown
ca:s3_pkt.c:1052:SSL alert number 48
( This failure is on the Server side)

On the client side the failure is ...
4902:error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed:s3_clnt.c:843:

I used the program mkcert.c to generate a self Signed Certificate.
( mkcert.c is an example program that comes with openssl installation
and is under
"demos" directory. )

Any help to know the problem is greatly appreicated.

thanks,
Lokesh.