Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux?

Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux?

Fan, Zhenqiang
Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL

Hi,

Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux? Thanks,

Zhenqiang Fan

Re: Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux?

Sebastian-10
Hi,
didn't used it yet, but OpenSSL seems to work. Why do want to build it yourself,
usally openssl is part of a distribution?! I looked at one of our zLinux
installations - there is an OpenSSL 0.9.6g (not the freshest, is it ;-))

Sebastian

Fan, Zhenqiang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux? Thanks,
>
> Zhenqiang Fan

mclellan_dave
Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL
My product builds and uses OpenSSL on z/Linux.

There's not any magic really.  I didn't do anything different for z/Linux than for any other Linux.

Details off-list if you're interested, or if other participants want to know, we can stay on-list.

Dave McLellan --Consulting Software Engineer - SPEA Engineering
EMC Corporation
228 South St. Mail Stop: 228 LL/AA-24
Hopkinton, MA 01748  USA
+1-508-249-1257 F: +1-508-497-8030  [hidden email]

Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux? Thanks,

Zhenqiang Fan

RE: Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux?

mclellan_dave
Aside from the old version issues, you would want to build and distribute it
yourself, if you want to make sure you're running what you tested; this is
why we did it.  Plus if there are any tweaks in the build you need (we made
minor linker option changes), then you have to build it yourself anyway.

Fan, Zhenqiang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody built and used OpenSSL on IBM zLinux? Thanks,
>
> Zhenqiang Fan

Hi Sebastian,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Zhenqiang

Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]