Hardware Acceleration.

Cole-2
Hi

I was wondering if there is a list of all the hardware accelerators that openssl supports? Or at the very least if someone can tell
me if this card from Intel would be supported by OpenSSL.

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro100dport_adapter.htm

Regards
/Cole

RE: Hardware Acceleration.

JoelKatz

> I was wondering if there is a list of all the hardware
> accelerators that openssl supports? Or at the very least if
> someone can tell
> me if this card from Intel would be supported by OpenSSL.
>
> http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro100dport_adapter.htm

        As I understand this card, it only accelerates IPsec. Since OpenSSL is not
an IPsec implementation, I don't see how this card could help it. Hopefully
someone will correct me if I am wrong.

        DS

Re: Hardware Acceleration.

Riaz Farnaz
Since the card does IPSec hardware acceleration, then I believe you can use it for SSL acceleration as well..provided you are planning to port openssl to the card and write you engine driver code using the low level hardware api's which should be provided with the card..I can give you more info if this is what you are planning to do....but if you are going to PnP the card then there is no way that you can use it for ssl hw acceleration...anybody please correct me if I wrong..

Riaz

On 6/7/05, David Schwartz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a list of all the hardware
> accelerators that openssl supports? Or at the very least if
> someone can tell
> me if this card from Intel would be supported by OpenSSL.
>
> http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro100dport_adapter.htm

       As I understand this card, it only accelerates IPsec. Since OpenSSL is not
an IPsec implementation, I don't see how this card could help it. Hopefully
someone will correct me if I am wrong.

       DS

Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]

--
Thank you,
Best Regards