Fwd: Makefile.org in openSSL 1.1.0d

Murugesh
Team,

I downloaded the openSSL 1.1.0d now and was trying to use that.
Previously I was using openSSL 1.0.2.h.

I do not see the 'Makefile.org' in the new 1.1.0d. In my application I
was using this file. Now as it is not present in 1.1.0d, could not
complete the upgrade.

Can someone explain why 'Makefile.org' is removed now and how to tackle it ?

Thanks,
Murugesh P.

Re: Fwd: Makefile.org in openSSL 1.1.0d

Salz, Rich

> Can someone explain why 'Makefile.org' is removed now and how to tackle it
> ?

The whole build system changed; there is no Makefile.org any more.  What were you trying to do?

Re: Fwd: Makefile.org in openSSL 1.1.0d

Murugesh
Thank you Rich.

I was using 1.0.2.h earlier. It was using Makefile.org and then
Configure script was run to generate the Makefile. The template
available in Makefile.org was used to prepare the Makefile.

Can you please share if any thread, details on new build system, how
to use that?

Thanks,
Murugesh P.

On 2/13/17, Salz, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Can someone explain why 'Makefile.org' is removed now and how to tackle
>> it
>> ?
>
> The whole build system changed; there is no Makefile.org any more.  What
> were you trying to do?

Re: Fwd: Makefile.org in openSSL 1.1.0d

Salz, Rich
> Can you please share if any thread, details on new build system, how to use
> that?

Look at the README file.

Re: Fwd: Makefile.org in openSSL 1.1.0d

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
With 1.1.0 and on, the build system is of the "configure first" model,
unconditionally.  You will get a working Makefile as a result, and
will find more information in README and INSTALL.

Cheers,
Richard

In message <CAOu9RAd=J14fTwEgEkpT0TqMZpf=[hidden email]> on Tue, 14 Feb 2017 12:21:05 +0530, murugesh pitchaiah <[hidden email]> said:

murugesh.pitchaiah> Thank you Rich.
murugesh.pitchaiah>
murugesh.pitchaiah> I was using 1.0.2.h earlier. It was using Makefile.org and then
murugesh.pitchaiah> Configure script was run to generate the Makefile. The template
murugesh.pitchaiah> available in Makefile.org was used to prepare the Makefile.
murugesh.pitchaiah>
murugesh.pitchaiah> Can you please share if any thread, details on new build system, how
murugesh.pitchaiah> to use that?
murugesh.pitchaiah>
murugesh.pitchaiah> Thanks,
murugesh.pitchaiah> Murugesh P.
murugesh.pitchaiah>
murugesh.pitchaiah> On 2/13/17, Salz, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:
murugesh.pitchaiah> >
murugesh.pitchaiah> >> Can someone explain why 'Makefile.org' is removed now and how to tackle
murugesh.pitchaiah> >> it
murugesh.pitchaiah> >> ?
murugesh.pitchaiah> >
murugesh.pitchaiah> > The whole build system changed; there is no Makefile.org any more.  What
murugesh.pitchaiah> > were you trying to do?
murugesh.pitchaiah> > --
murugesh.pitchaiah> > openssl-users mailing list
murugesh.pitchaiah> > To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
murugesh.pitchaiah> >
murugesh.pitchaiah>