Fwd: CAVP fips_rsastest.c not producing the correct signature?

Fwd: CAVP fips_rsastest.c not producing the correct signature?

swetha

I am trying test the rsa 186-2 openssl fips module 2.0.16 implementation using the NIST Testvectors. Using the  fips_rsastest.c file the FIPS_rsa_x931_generate_key_ex(rsa, keylen, bn_e, NULL) function called to generate the modulus n as the output and taking modulus size as the input i,e [mod=1024]. Then this modulus along with the appropriate hash function and message is passed to FIPS_rsa_sign(rsa, Msg, Msglen, dgst, pad_mode, Saltlen, NULL,sigbuf, (unsigned int *)&siglen) to obtain the signature as the output.
But each time i execute the c code it generates different modulus n. Why is output changing after every execution. What am i doing wrong? I am facing the same problem with DSA parameter generation also. It will help me.

--
With Regards,
Swetha H

--
With Regards,
Swetha H

fips_rsastest.c (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: CAVP fips_rsastest.c not producing the correct signature?

Jeffrey Walton-3
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:15 AM, Swetha Hariharan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying test the rsa 186-2 openssl fips module 2.0.16 implementation
> using the NIST Testvectors. Using the  fips_rsastest.c file the
> FIPS_rsa_x931_generate_key_ex(rsa, keylen, bn_e, NULL) function called to
> generate the modulus n as the output and taking modulus size as the input
> i,e [mod=1024]. Then this modulus along with the appropriate hash function
> and message is passed to FIPS_rsa_sign(rsa, Msg, Msglen, dgst, pad_mode,
> Saltlen, NULL,sigbuf, (unsigned int *)&siglen) to obtain the signature as
> the output.
> But each time i execute the c code it generates different modulus n. Why is
> output changing after every execution. What am i doing wrong? I am facing
> the same problem with DSA parameter generation also. It will help me.

Key generation for RSA and DSA use pairwise consistency checks, not
known answer tests.

Jeff