First posting NEWBEE

Thomas Fitzgerald-2
Message
I have created a program in Delphi that accesses a MYSQL database on an ISP's server.  My question is:  Will open-ssl allow me to use a security certificate between my application and the MYSQL server?  If the answer is yes, could someone point me in the right direction, so I can learn how to implement Open-SSL with my application.

Thomas W. Fitzgerald
Thomas W. Fitzgerald
POS International, Inc.
800-646-4767

www.posintl.com

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 15094 Spam messages and set aside 1254 Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!
  www.ellaforspam.com

1985logo.gif (6K) Download Attachment

RE: First posting NEWBEE

Thomas Fitzgerald-2
Message
Nobody knows the answer to this question?

Tom Fitzgerald, CIO
POS International, Inc.
Technical Support is available at http://www.posintl.com/support/docs.htm
or 800-646-4767

1985logo.gif (6K) Download Attachment

Re: First posting NEWBEE

Andrew Mann
    MySQL would have to implement this. I believe there is some support
of SSL encrypted connections in MySQL.   Try here first:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-connections.html  and if
you still have questions, try the MySQL mailing lists.

Andrew

Thomas Fitzgerald wrote:

> Nobody knows the answer to this question?
>

> Tom Fitzgerald, CIO
> POS International, Inc.
> Technical Support is available at http://www.posintl.com/support/docs.htm
> or 800-646-4767

Richard Salz
If you want to know how if MySQL can use OpenSSL, it probably makes more
sense to ask MySQL folks.

        /r$

--
SOA Appliance Group
IBM Application Integration Middleware

RE: First posting NEWBEE

Mark-62
>     MySQL would have to implement this. I believe there is
> some support
> of SSL encrypted connections in MySQL.   Try here first:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-connections.html
>   and if
> you still have questions, try the MySQL mailing lists.

Otherwise I'm sure you can call OpenSSL functions from Delphi.

Mark