Fedora CORE II SSL Installation Question

Fedora CORE II SSL Installation Question

Phil Welch-2
I've tried getting SSL setup but thusfar to no avail, so I'll have to
humbly admit defeat and seek expert assistance.

Firstly, I need only real certificates.  These are some of the things
I've tried:

1.) openssl genrsa -des3 -out server.key 1024
2.) openssl req -new -key server.key -out www_xyz_com.csr
3.) sent www.xyz.com.csr to certificate authority
4.) received www.xyz.com.crt back from certificate authority
5.) added
# SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/www_xyz_com.crt
# SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
# SSLEngine on
to httpd.conf
6.) enabled ssl.conf
Note:  initially commented in httpd.conf but later tried
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
as shown.

Results have varied, but none worked.

Rather than try to work this line by line, is there a step by set
narrative available which takes me from a clean /etc/httpd/conf
directory containing only the httpd.conf and magic files, which already
has openssl installed?  I've searhed the Internet and tried every
combination that seemed reasonable, but thusfar without success.

Thanks.

Phil Welch