FW: Dgst sigopt parameters?

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
I still would like to know where all the acceptable "dgst -sigopt" parameters are described for RSA and ECDSA.

 Google search and scouring openssl.org manual pages did not bring me anything.

On 8/24/17, 5:42 PM, "Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    OpenSSL dgst manual page only days that sigopt value are algorithm-specific. Where are they described for ECDSA and RSA PSS?

    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Uri

Re: FW: Dgst sigopt parameters?

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Dec 13, 2018, at 2:23 PM, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I still would like to know where all the acceptable "dgst -sigopt" parameters are described for RSA and ECDSA.
>
> Google search and scouring openssl.org manual pages did not bring me anything.

Take a look at the "-pkeyopt" option of pkeyutl(1).  I believe these are the
same options.

If we ignore key generation parameters, all I'm finding is:

   dh: dh_pad
  rsa: rsa_padding_mode
  rsa: rsa_pss_saltlen
  rsa: rsa_mgf1_md
  rsa: rsa_oaep_md
  rsa: rsa_oaep_label

And "dh_pad" many not be applicable to dgst(1).

Re: FW: Dgst sigopt parameters?

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
Viktor,

Thank you! So, I should expect the format of the sigopt parameters to be the same as of pkeyopt? That's very good to know.

I wish the man page mentioned this. ;-)

Regards,
Uri

Sent from my iPhone