FIPS module v3

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Hi everyone,

I have been following OpenSSL blog and know that work on new OpenSSL FIPS module has started. Current FIPS module (v.2) has end of life (December 2019) and I assume that new FIPS module will be by that time.  but can someone tell me - is there are approximate dates -  will it be available earlier?

thanks,
Alibek

Re: FIPS module v3

Dr Paul Dale
There are no committed to dates of any kind at present.
The project is underway but it is too early to set a schedule, yet alone a completion date.

Pauli
--
Oracle
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption