FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1

Jason Schultz
Just wondering if there is a time frame for the availability of the FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1? Q3 2019? Q4?

I realize this has been asked before, but the most recent answer I found was from several months ago, so I thought there might be new information.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1

Dr Paul Dale

The answer hasn’t changed: there is no firm date.

Progress is being made however.

Pauli

--

Oracle

Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption

Phone +61 7 3031 7217

Oracle Australia

Just wondering if there is a time frame for the availability of the FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1? Q3 2019? Q4?

I realize this has been asked before, but the most recent answer I found was from several months ago, so I thought there might be new information.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1

Jason Schultz
Thanks for your response. A follow up question based on Matt Caswell's blog post: Does the blog post imply that the next FIPS module will be based on OpenSSL 3.0? Or is 3.0 a longer term thing and the next FIPS module will be for OpenSSL 1.1.1?

Thanks.

Just wondering if there is a time frame for the availability of the FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1? Q3 2019? Q4?

I realize this has been asked before, but the most recent answer I found was from several months ago, so I thought there might be new information.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FIPS Module for OpenSSL 1.1.1

Matt Caswell-2

On 13/02/2019 14:00, Jason Schultz wrote:
> Thanks for your response. A follow up question based on Matt Caswell's blog
> post: Does the blog post imply that the next FIPS module will be based on
> OpenSSL 3.0? Or is 3.0 a longer term thing and the next FIPS module will be for
> OpenSSL 1.1.1?

OpenSSL 3.0 is our next release and the FIPS module will be based on it. There
will be no FIPS module for 1.1.1.

Matt