FIPS 3.0 Canister Status

xemdetia .
Hey all,

Back in 2016 there was a news post found https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2016/07/20/fips/ about the OpenSSL 1.1.x FIPS canister. I had also read about an relatively sensible schedule: https://www.safelogic.com/openssl-1-1-update/

I haven't heard anything since, and it would be exciting if when 1.1.1 comes out that we have a canister that fits into it. Did SafeLogic pull out? I did see that on the wiki that their information was redacted.

Thanks,
xemdetia

Re: FIPS 3.0 Canister Status

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre

You might be interested in the following two blog posts:

https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2017/07/25/fips/

https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2017/08/17/fips/

Matthias

On 25.01.2018 16:34, xemdetia . wrote:
Hey all,

Back in 2016 there was a news post found https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2016/07/20/fips/ about the OpenSSL 1.1.x FIPS canister. I had also read about an relatively sensible schedule: https://www.safelogic.com/openssl-1-1-update/

I haven't heard anything since, and it would be exciting if when 1.1.1 comes out that we have a canister that fits into it. Did SafeLogic pull out? I did see that on the wiki that their information was redacted.

Thanks,
xemdetia

Re: FIPS 3.0 Canister Status

OpenSSL - User mailing list

And also the last paragraph of our most recent blog entry, which says this:

We also decided that the primary focus of the next feature release after 1.1.1 will be FIPS. We know that FIPS is very important to some, not all, members of our community and we are committed to addressing this. We don’t have much more information to share, and we know there has been some confusion and misleading communication out there. But we do want to make this strong, definitive statement: OpenSSL will implement a FIPS solution, and we expect it will be completed much sooner than previous timetables indicated.