Extracting Handshake Information

Vijayakumar Kaliaperumal
Hello,

Is there a way in openssl we can extract the protocol(TLS/DTLS ) handshake information, like in clienthello,  the protocol version, ciphersuites offered, Random,  session id etc.

Regards,
Vijay

Re: Extracting Handshake Information

OpenSSL - User mailing list
> Is there a way in openssl we can extract the protocol(TLS/DTLS ) handshake information, like in clienthello,  the protocol version, ciphersuites offered, Random,  session id etc.

Look at the code in apps/s_client and apps/s_server and see what it prints in various debug modes.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017, Vijayakumar Kaliaperumal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way in openssl we can extract the protocol(TLS/DTLS ) handshake
> information, like in clienthello,  the protocol version, ciphersuites
> offered, Random,  session id etc.

You can get some useful information with the -trace option to
s_client/s_server which needs the configuration option enable-ssl-trace