Expiration date of a STARTTLS certificate

Expiration date of a STARTTLS certificate

Bharani Dharan

Hi,

I want to find following details but getting error. Errors are highlighted in RED. Kindly advise.

# echo "" | openssl s_client -connect server:25 -starttls smtp > certificate

gethostbyname failure

connect:errno=0

# echo "" | openssl s_client -connect server:443 > certificate

gethostbyname failure

connect:errno=0

http://www.income.com.sg/images/IncomeLOGO.jpg

Bharani Dharan
Senior Executive, Information Management
t: (65) 6877 3288 | www.income.com.sg

This e-mail contains privileged or confidential information which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of it. Thank you.

Re: Expiration date of a STARTTLS certificate

JoelKatz
On 2/20/2011 6:42 PM, Bharani Dharan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to find following details but getting error. Errors are
> highlighted in RED. Kindly advise.
>
> # echo "" | openssl s_client -connect server:25 -starttls smtp > certificate
>
> gethostbyname failure
>
> connect:errno=0

Presumably the name of the server is not "server".

DS

Re: Expiration date of a STARTTLS certificate

John R Pierce
On 02/20/11 6:42 PM, Bharani Dharan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to find following details but getting error. Errors are
> highlighted in RED. Kindly advise.
>
> # echo "" | openssl s_client -connect server:25 -starttls smtp >
> certificate
>
> gethostbyname failure
>
> connect:errno=0
>
> # echo "" | openssl s_client -connect server:443 > certificate
>
> gethostbyname failure
>
> connect:errno=0

those are dns errors, presumably 'server' is not resolving to a ip address.