Error is a pod file

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error is a pod file

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
install ./doc/crypto/BIO_set_callback.pod ->
/Users/ur20980/src/openssl-1.1/share/man/man3/BIO_set_callback.3
IO::File=IO(0x7f896a02d1c0) around line 42: =over should be: '=over' or
'=over positive_number'
POD document had syntax errors at /opt/local/bin/pod2man line 68.
make: *** [install_man_docs] Error 1

--
Regards,
Uri Blumenthal

--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Salz, Rich
> install ./doc/crypto/BIO_set_callback.pod ->
> /Users/ur20980/src/openssl-1.1/share/man/man3/BIO_set_callback.3
> IO::File=IO(0x7f896a02d1c0) around line 42: =over should be: '=over' or
> '=over positive_number'
       
I don't understand this error message. "=over" should be "=over"?

Does adding a blank line after it fix the problem?
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <[hidden email]> on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 02:55:15 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <[hidden email]> said:

rsalz> > install ./doc/crypto/BIO_set_callback.pod ->
rsalz> > /Users/ur20980/src/openssl-1.1/share/man/man3/BIO_set_callback.3
rsalz> > IO::File=IO(0x7f896a02d1c0) around line 42: =over should be: '=over' or
rsalz> > '=over positive_number'
rsalz>
rsalz> I don't understand this error message. "=over" should be "=over"?
rsalz>
rsalz> Does adding a blank line after it fix the problem?

Yes.

In the POD format, everything is a paragraph, each separated from the
others with a blank line.  That includes command paragraphs.  So, what
looks like a command line to you was actually this command paragraph:

    =over
    The BIO the callback is attached to is passed in B<b>.

... and I'm pretty sure that no pod processor knows what to do with
the '=over' argument "The BIO the callback is attached to is passed in
B<b>.", hence the error message.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte         [hidden email]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~levitte/
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Salz, Rich

> In the POD format, everything is a paragraph, each separated from the
> others with a blank line.

Time to add something to find-doc-nits, perhaps.


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <[hidden email]> on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:15:39 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <[hidden email]> said:

rsalz>
rsalz> > In the POD format, everything is a paragraph, each separated from the
rsalz> > others with a blank line.
rsalz>
rsalz> Time to add something to find-doc-nits, perhaps.

man podchecker

--
Richard Levitte         [hidden email]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~levitte/
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Salz, Rich

> rsalz> Time to add something to find-doc-nits, perhaps.
>
> man podchecker

Find-doc-nits calls podchecker and saw no complaint.
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <[hidden email]> on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 15:06:55 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <[hidden email]> said:

rsalz>
rsalz> > rsalz> Time to add something to find-doc-nits, perhaps.
rsalz> >
rsalz> > man podchecker
rsalz>
rsalz> Find-doc-nits calls podchecker and saw no complaint.

perl util/find-doc-nits.pl -s

(I don't know what -s is for, but apparently, podchecker isn't run
unless you use that option)

--
Richard Levitte         [hidden email]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~levitte/
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error is a pod file

Salz, Rich

> perl util/find-doc-nits.pl -s
>
> (I don't know what -s is for, but apparently, podchecker isn't run unless you
> use that option)

Forgot my own code :(

-s for stricter checking.
--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SSL_read return error

paladinchen(陈奇)
Hi ,
    use openSSL lib run sometimes,and generate this error , i can't find reason ,this issue always puzzled me 
please help me, thank you .
    
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700
    


paladinchen(陈奇)


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SSL_read return error

Fedor Indutny
Hello!

It looks like the server replies with a bad data sometimes. I wonder if server could be speaking different protocols at such moments?

Hope it helps,
Fedor.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,
    use openSSL lib run sometimes,and generate this error , i can't find reason ,this issue always puzzled me 
please help me, thank you .
    
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700
    


paladinchen(陈奇)


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SSL_read return error(Internet mail)

paladinchen(陈奇)
Hi,
   Thank you for your replay, how to resovle this issue or avoid it hanppen ? when this error occur , will reconnect to server,affect normal use .

    i think it should hanppen in ssl init phase ,why it happen in normal data transmit phase .
  
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700

paladinchen(陈奇)
 
Date: 2016-07-16 14:02
Subject: Re: [openssl-dev] SSL_read return error(Internet mail)
Hello!

It looks like the server replies with a bad data sometimes. I wonder if server could be speaking different protocols at such moments?

Hope it helps,
Fedor.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,
    use openSSL lib run sometimes,and generate this error , i can't find reason ,this issue always puzzled me 
please help me, thank you .
    
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700
    


paladinchen(陈奇)


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SSL_read return error(Internet mail)

Fedor Indutny
Hello again,

Do you use renegotiation?

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 3:09 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
   Thank you for your replay, how to resovle this issue or avoid it hanppen ? when this error occur , will reconnect to server,affect normal use .

    i think it should hanppen in ssl init phase ,why it happen in normal data transmit phase .
  
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700

paladinchen(陈奇)
 
Date: 2016-07-16 14:02
Subject: Re: [openssl-dev] SSL_read return error(Internet mail)
Hello!

It looks like the server replies with a bad data sometimes. I wonder if server could be speaking different protocols at such moments?

Hope it helps,
Fedor.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,
    use openSSL lib run sometimes,and generate this error , i can't find reason ,this issue always puzzled me 
please help me, thank you .
    
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700
    


paladinchen(陈奇)


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SSL_read return error(Internet mail)

paladinchen(陈奇)
Hi  !
 I only see these error log , don't kown hanppen scence 。

I see log print  "s3_clnt.c" , it should run at client mode , but my process run at server mode .




paladinchen(陈奇)
 
Date: 2016-07-16 16:51
Subject: Re: [openssl-dev] SSL_read return error(Internet mail)
Hello again,

Do you use renegotiation?

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 3:09 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
   Thank you for your replay, how to resovle this issue or avoid it hanppen ? when this error occur , will reconnect to server,affect normal use .

    i think it should hanppen in ssl init phase ,why it happen in normal data transmit phase .
  
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700

paladinchen(陈奇)
 
Date: 2016-07-16 14:02
Subject: Re: [openssl-dev] SSL_read return error(Internet mail)
Hello!

It looks like the server replies with a bad data sometimes. I wonder if server could be speaking different protocols at such moments?

Hope it helps,
Fedor.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:21 AM, paladinchen(陈奇) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,
    use openSSL lib run sometimes,and generate this error , i can't find reason ,this issue always puzzled me 
please help me, thank you .
    
    error log :Error: error:14092072:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:bad message type:s3_clnt.c:700
    


paladinchen(陈奇)


--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev



--
openssl-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev