Error in July releases of Openssl 0.9.7

The Doctor
The previews versions have an error.

They do not recognize Certs in Apache-SSL.

The problems turns up in 20050701 .

--
Member - Liberal International
This is [hidden email] Ici [hidden email]

Re: Error in July releases of Openssl 0.9.7

Andy Polyakov
> The previews versions have an error.
>
> They do not recognize Certs in Apache-SSL.
>
> The problems turns up in 20050701 .

Are you sure that not earlier? The closest change that might affect
certificate look-ups is dated 23rd, to be specific
http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14114. The new code is buggy! As it
is now dir variable can be used uninitialized and it appears to me
there're couple of curly braces missing... This affects all branches! A.

Re: Error in July releases of Openssl 0.9.7

Andy Polyakov
>> The previews versions have an error.
>>
>> They do not recognize Certs in Apache-SSL.
>> The problems turns up in 20050701 .
>
> Are you sure that not earlier? The closest change that might affect
> certificate look-ups is dated 23rd, to be specific
> http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14114. The new code is buggy! As it
> is now dir variable can be used uninitialized and it appears to me
> there're couple of curly braces missing... This affects all branches!

Verify http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14203 or tomorrow snapshot as
it becomes available. A.

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 03:34:09PM +0200, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> >>The previews versions have an error.
> >>
> >>They do not recognize Certs in Apache-SSL.
> >>The problems turns up in 20050701 .
> >
> >Are you sure that not earlier? The closest change that might affect
> >certificate look-ups is dated 23rd, to be specific
> >http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14114. The new code is buggy! As it
> >is now dir variable can be used uninitialized and it appears to me
> >there're couple of curly braces missing... This affects all branches!

20050630 has no problem.  This appears on 20050701 and later.

> Verify http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14203 or tomorrow snapshot as
> it becomes available. A.

Member - Liberal International
This is [hidden email] Ici [hidden email]
God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Canada Day 1 July, USA Day 4 July - PARTY ON!

Re: Error in July releases of Openssl 0.9.7

Andy Polyakov

>>>Are you sure that not earlier? The closest change that might affect
>>>certificate look-ups is dated 23rd, to be specific
>>>http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14114. The new code is buggy! As it
>>>is now dir variable can be used uninitialized and it appears to me
>>>there're couple of curly braces missing... This affects all branches!
>
> 20050630 has no problem.  This appears on 20050701 and later.

There was only one commit to 0.9.7 between these two snapshots,
http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14189. So it's either that or that it
indirectly affects the above mentioned bug [dir variable being used
uninitialized with different values left in stack frame by another
function].

>>Verify http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14203 or tomorrow snapshot as
>>it becomes available.

I'd still appreciate if you do this:-) A.

Re: Error in July releases of Openssl 0.9.7

Doug Kaufman
7On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> Are you sure that not earlier? The closest change that might affect
> certificate look-ups is dated 23rd, to be specific
> http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=14114. The new code is buggy! As it
> is now dir variable can be used uninitialized and it appears to me
> there're couple of curly braces missing... This affects all branches! A.

I see the missing pair of curly braces. Sorry I missed that initially.
Thanks for fixing it before the final release of 0.9.8.
                               Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [hidden email]