End user getting request to update OpenSSL

End user getting request to update OpenSSL

Tedd Weyman
I ran a Secunia update (set for auto update), and got a request to manually go to OpenSSL to update. But OpenSSL does not provide updates for end users. Anyone have an idea why such an update would not be automatic from the downstream vendor, and how might I get the update myself?

Thanks

Re: End user getting request to update OpenSSL

Jakob Bohm-7
On 16/01/2017 17:05, Tedd Weyman wrote:
> I ran a Secunia update (set for auto update), and got a request to
> manually go to OpenSSL to update. But OpenSSL does not provide updates
> for end users. Anyone have an idea why such an update would not be
> automatic from the downstream vendor, and how might I get the update
> myself?
Who is your downstream vendor?

Note that Secunia is sometimes quite sloppy in their advisory
research.  For example I have been told I lack a Silverlight
update, when I have skipped an unrelated update to a different
part of Windows, which just happened to be released on the same
day as that Silverlight update.  This was via a third party
scanner who had purchased their advisory and detection data
from Secunia.

Enjoy

Jakob