EVP_EcryptInit() obsolete?

Adam Jones-2
I have been told that EVP_EcryptInit() is obsolete and EVP_EncryptInit_ex() should be used instead. Can anyone confirm that?

Re: EVP_EcryptInit() obsolete?

Nils Larsch-2
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005, Adam Jones wrote:

> I have been told that EVP_EcryptInit() is obsolete and EVP_EncryptInit_ex()
> should be used instead. Can anyone confirm that?

this is correct, see:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/EVP_EncryptInit.html#NOTES

Cheers,
Nils

--
Nils Larsch             [hidden email]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~nils/

RE: EVP_EcryptInit() obsolete?

Adam Jones-2
Thanks!

> I have been told that EVP_EcryptInit() is obsolete and
> EVP_EncryptInit_ex() should be used instead. Can anyone confirm that?

this is correct, see:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/EVP_EncryptInit.html#NOTES

Cheers,
Nils

--
Nils Larsch             [hidden email]
OpenSSL Project         http://www.openssl.org/~nils/

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.