ED488 question

Robert Moskowitz
Was thinking about ED488 last night.  I am personally not interested in
these larger curves, but perhaps I can make my draft 'more complete' if
I include 488 along with 25519.

Are there any parameters beyond changing the algorithm from ed25519 to
ed488?  Is a hash needed for the version of ed488 implemented?

thanks

Re: ED488 question

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Aug 21, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Robert Moskowitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Was thinking about ED488 last night.  I am personally not interested in these larger curves, but perhaps I can make my draft 'more complete' if I include 488 along with 25519.
>
> Are there any parameters beyond changing the algorithm from ed25519 to ed488?  Is a hash needed for the version of ed488 implemented?

Ed448 is a drop-in-replacement for Ed25519, only the sizes of keys and signatures
change.

Re: ED488 question

Robert Moskowitz

On 08/21/2018 11:29 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

>> On Aug 21, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Robert Moskowitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Was thinking about ED488 last night.  I am personally not interested in these larger curves, but perhaps I can make my draft 'more complete' if I include 488 along with 25519.
>>
>> Are there any parameters beyond changing the algorithm from ed25519 to ed488?  Is a hash needed for the version of ed488 implemented?
> Ed448 is a drop-in-replacement for Ed25519, only the sizes of keys and signatures
> change.

Thought so, but decided to stick my neck out and ask before I run my
scripts and test and then get interesting errors.

May STILL get interesting errors :)  But that is the challenging part of
it all.

thanks