Doubt regarding Export keying material

Raja ashok

Hi All,

I am having a doubt in usage of Exporting keying material API (SSL_export_keying_material) in OpenSSL. Please provide your suggestions.

As per Section 4 in RFC 5705, context length should be passed as uint16_t to PRF function. In that case we should allow only upto max of 2^16 (65535). So user should not pass more than 65535 value to “plen” in SSL_export_keying_material right ?

Please provide your valuable suggestion on this. I am referring 1.0.2k version of OpenSSL.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Ashok V K
Huawei Technologies
Bangalore, India

recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

To unsubscribe: