Does OpenSSL support Windows 98?

Matt England
Hello,

I realize this is a rather ambiguous question, but I thought I'd start
somewhere:

Does OpenSSL support Windows 98?
If it's only partial support, what is missing?

I am managing a software development project based on
MinGW/Boost/Qt/OpenSSL, hoping to not have to support Win98, but I just
realized that now we need to do so (support win98).  Hence my question
comes a bit after the fact.

(I have this question outstanding for the MinGW, Boost, and Qt communities.)

Thanks for any help,
-Matt

Re: Does OpenSSL support Windows 98?

Thomas J. Hruska
Matt England wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I realize this is a rather ambiguous question, but I thought I'd start
> somewhere:
>
> Does OpenSSL support Windows 98?
> If it's only partial support, what is missing?
>
> I am managing a software development project based on
> MinGW/Boost/Qt/OpenSSL, hoping to not have to support Win98, but I just
> realized that now we need to do so (support win98).  Hence my question
> comes a bit after the fact.
>
> (I have this question outstanding for the MinGW, Boost, and Qt
> communities.)
>
> Thanks for any help,
> -Matt

OpenSSL is a generic library.  I am sure there is no problem even on a
base Win95 system, but for Win95 I would require the Winsock2 upgrade to
be installed before offering support to those users (just to be on the
safe side).

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/

Ask me about discounts on any Shining Light Productions product!