Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Hashim Saleem
Hi,

I just want to know that whether OpenSSL supports Attribute Certificates or not? I've searched in OpenSSL headers and couldnt find AttributeCertificate data type there.

Regards,
Hashim Saleem

Re: Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Hashim Saleem writes:

>  I just want to know that whether OpenSSL supports Attribute Certificates or
> not? I've searched in OpenSSL headers and couldnt find AttributeCertificate
> data type there.

Not, currently.  There hasn't been a huge incentive so far.  Sponsoring
might work :-).

Cheers,
Richard

 -----
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.

--
Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
                                       http://richard.levitte.org/

                                               -- C.S. Lewis

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005, Hashim Saleem wrote:

> Hi,
>  I just want to know that whether OpenSSL supports Attribute Certificates or
> not? I've searched in OpenSSL headers and couldnt find AttributeCertificate
> data type there.

I've an unpublished ASN1 module that will parse them. However in tests
several things which claimed to be "attribute certificates" choked it due to
one or more encoding errors.

There isn't any generation or printing support in that modules. Though the
generic printing support that I'm working on in OpenSSL 0.9.9 should handle
them when its usable.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Dmitry Belyavsky
Greetings!

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:

> There isn't any generation or printing support in that modules. Though the
> generic printing support that I'm working on in OpenSSL 0.9.9 should handle
> them when its usable.

Is it possible to see 0.9.9 release plans? Company I work at is very
interested in cooperation with OpenSSL Team. We'll be happy to
contribute the work we have made to upstream.

Thank you.

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky (ICQ UIN 11116575)

Re: Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Hashim Saleem

Could I have a look at that unpublished ASN1 module?

Regards,
Hashim Saleem

On 8/31/05, Dr. Stephen Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005, Hashim Saleem wrote:

> Hi,
>  I just want to know that whether OpenSSL supports Attribute Certificates or
> not? I've searched in OpenSSL headers and couldnt find AttributeCertificate
> data type there.

I've an unpublished ASN1 module that will parse them. However in tests
several things which claimed to be "attribute certificates" choked it due to
one or more encoding errors.

There isn't any generation or printing support in that modules. Though the
generic printing support that I'm working on in OpenSSL 0.9.9 should handle
them when its usable.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]

Re: Does OpenSSL support AttributeCertificate RFC 3281?

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005, Hashim Saleem wrote:

> Could I have a look at that unpublished ASN1 module?
>  Regards,
> Hashim Saleem

Well I *say* unpublished. Its actually in my 'play' directory on CVS in the
directory 'x509ac'. I haven't updated it for a while though as you can see from
the date.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.