Documentation on Sendmail TLS

Stephen T Albright

Hello to all.

First let me apologize for this message if it is not
the correct list, but I need to start somewhere.

Now my question.
I have recently been tasked with recompiling Sendmail
on a Sunfire 120 to include TLS support.  I understand
I need OpenSSL, and I have found some sites with
information, but not enough to answer all of my
questions.  Does anyone know of a site, or recommend a
book about OpenSSL configuration for this.  Thanks to
all for your time.

Stephen Albright
Enterprise Information Solutions
MeadWestvaco
10 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45463
Office:  937.495.1260
Cell:     937.344.9907

service._______________________________________________________________

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at [hidden email].

Re: Documentation on Sendmail TLS

Rabellino Sergio
Stephen T Albright wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> First let me apologize for this message if it is not
> the correct list, but I need to start somewhere.
>
> Now my question.
> I have recently been tasked with recompiling Sendmail
> on a Sunfire 120 to include TLS support.  I understand
> I need OpenSSL, and I have found some sites with
> information, but not enough to answer all of my
> questions.  Does anyone know of a site, or recommend a
> book about OpenSSL configuration for this.  Thanks to
> all for your time.

I'm running sendmail with TLS enabled since Y2K, but no particular openssl configuration is requested.
You must compile it and configure sendmail to use openssl API to achieve TLS channels for your MTA/MSA.

If you have any question, send to me in private mail, this is not the right list.
--
Dott. Mag. Sergio Rabellino

  Technical Staff
  Department of Computer Science