Documentation for Integrating New Cipher Creation Request

Documentation for Integrating New Cipher Creation Request

Schmicker, Robert
Hello,

Over the past several months through trial and error I have at last been able to integrate a new symmetric cipher into OpenSSL. After following this email chain for these past months I’ve noticed that once in a blue moon other users would ask how to integrate a new cipher into both libcrypto and libssl. While the process is still fresh in my head, I was wondering if the community would benefit in having some documentation on the process to follow and issues that may arise? Possibly add this into the OpenSSL wiki? I would love for this to be my first contribution to an open source project and help others who may find themselves in similar situations in the future.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Best,
Rob Schmicker

Re: Documentation for Integrating New Cipher Creation Request

OpenSSL - User mailing list
> While the process is still fresh in my head, I was wondering if the community
> would benefit in having some documentation on the process to follow and
> issues that may arise? Possibly add this into the OpenSSL wiki?

This would be a great idea.

Re: Documentation for Integrating New Cipher Creation Request

Paul Dale
I think this is worthwhile too.  Just before I submitted the ARIA addition, I drafted such a document which you could use as a basis.  The PR had some modifications made before being merged, so it isn't completely accurate.

I'll forward this directly.

Pauli

--
Oracle
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption